sightseeing flight
SHE
RIGI (IT’S A LADY) | ZUGERSEE | LUZERN | HAWLLWILERSEE
Program
Example (times according to the above slots with a 45 min flight)
08.30 Arrival| Welcome Coffee at restaurant (individually)
09.00 Welcome at Birrfeld | greeting by the pilot
09.10 Briefing with the pilot on the biplane
09.20 Boarding the biplane | Warm up engine
09.30 Take off sighseeing flight
10.10 Landing at Birrfeld | Fotosession on Tarmac (with own cameras)
10.30 By by with pilot & biplane
When & Where
Booking Select a main date and time period as well as 1-2 alternate dates/times (weather/available slots) when requesting. You will receive an inquiry/booking confirmation.
On site We meet in front of the AIS Birrfeld (entrance to the flight school, at blue automatic sliding door)
Flugplatz Birrfeld | CH-5242 Lupfig
Weather
The flight takes place under favourable visual flight conditions (VFR). More information on the status bar at the top of this website. No instrument flight (IFR) is possible on this route.
Amount of participants
1 – 2 Persons per flight. Groups are possible.
Price
CHF 900 airfare 50 min in the biplane (7 min ground|43 min air)
CHF 17 landing fee Birrfeld
CHF 917 total price for 2 persons
The flight times given are indicative. The effective operating time is calculated at CHF 18 per minute according to the operating hours counter (HOBBS Time). Landing fees, passenger or customs fees according to the regulations of the airport. The flights are on a private basis, non-commercial and at cost price. Airfare is payable in advance. Final payment on site in cash or credit card. The credit card fee is not included in the total price.
Details
Rigi (IT’S A LADY)
First mentioned in 1479 by Albrecht von Bonstetten - the name Rigi was derived from the Latin Regina montium "Queen of the Mountains", which characterized the majesty and beauty of the mountain. As early as the 18th century, the Rigi was known as a destination for excursions and holidays thanks to its good location on Lake Lucerne. In 1816, the first wooden guest house was built on the Kulm. This construction was largely supported by the Zurich panorama draughtsman Heinrich Keller. Further guest houses were built in the following decades. In 1875, the Grand Hotel "Schreiber" with 300 beds was opened as the largest building constructed to date in the summit area. This was demolished in the early 1950s and replaced by a smaller new building.
In 1859, Friedrich Albrecht proposed a railway to the Rigi, whose gondolas were to be driven by gas balloons and take you up the mountain. The Vitznau Rigi Railway (rack railway) was put into operation on 21 May 1871 as the first mountain railway in Europe. It reached the summit in 1873 and has been electrically operated since 1937. VRB had to lease the line from Staffelhöhe to Kulm from ARB until the merger, as it did not have a concession for this part of the line, which was located in Schwyz.
The Arth-Rigi-Bahn (rack railway) was put into operation on 4 June 1875. In 1907, this railway was the first standard gauge rack railway in the world to be converted to electric propulsion. The original valley line from Arth am See to Goldau no longer exists. Today the railway starts at Arth-Goldau station.
The Weggis-Rigi Kaltbad panoramic aerial cableway was put into operation on 15 July 1968. The aerial cableway Kräbel Rigi-Scheidegg LKRS from Goldau was put into operation in 1953. Capacity was increased in 1960 and 1985, and in 2017 it was replaced by a Garaventa "compact railway" with 15-passenger cabins made by CWA. Other, smaller aerial cableways operate from Vitznau to the Wissiflue and to Hinterbergen, between Gschwänd and Burggeist, and from Brunnen to the Urmiberg.
The two rack railways use the same standard gauge tracks with racks according to the Riggenbach system and the same traction voltage of 1500 V DC, so that it is easy to replace vehicles. Between Rigi Kaltbad and Rigi Scheidegg, the narrow-gauge Rigi-Kaltbad-Scheidegg railway was built between 1874 and 1875, but only made a profit in a few years and interrupted operations several times. In 1931, operations were completely discontinued, the rolling stock sold and the line was discontinued in 1942. On the route of this railway today, a comfortable hiking trail, which is also popular in winter, leads over bridges and through a tunnel.
Zugersee
Lake Zug is located in Central Switzerland at an altitude of 413 m above sea level, has an area of 38.41 km² and a maximum depth of 198 m. With its maximum length of 13.7 km and maximum width of 4.6 km, it is the tenth largest lake in Switzerland. At its narrowest point between Chiemen and Lothenbach, the banks are about 1000 m apart. Together with the lake area, Lake Zug has a catchment area of 246 km². The main inflow and outflow is the Lorze, which flows through Lake Zug in a short stretch to the north. It flows into the lake to the west of Zug and leaves it again at Cham, 1.5 km away. Lake Zug is divided by the forested Chiemen peninsula into the mountainous and deep Obersee in the south and the shallow and wide Untersee in the north.
Luzern
Lucerne is the social and cultural centre of Central Switzerland. In the field of education, it is the seat of the University of Lucerne, the Lucerne University of Teacher Education and the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, among others. Events with supraregional appeal include the Lucerne Carnival and the Lucerne Festival. Lucerne is an important tourist destination in Switzerland, on the one hand because of its location on Lake Lucerne and its proximity to the Alps, and on the other hand thanks to sights such as the Chapel Bridge and the Swiss Museum of Transport.
Hallwilersee
The lake in the Swiss midlands is located in the Seetal, like Lake Baldeggersee a little further south. It is 8.4 km long, 1.5 km wide at its widest point and a maximum depth of 48 m. Its surface area is 10.3 km², five sixths of which are located in the Lenzburg district of Canton Aargau and one sixth in the Hochdorf district of Canton Lucerne. The main inflow or outflow is the Aabach, which flows into the Bünz at Möriken-Wildegg (which in turn flows into the Aare almost two hundred metres further on). Next to it, numerous small streams flow into the lake.